In the summer, my town is filled with fun, outdoor events. There is always more than enough to do, and after being stuck indoors all winter, I am ready to try it all.
HJ and I have a list of things we want to do that keeps growing and growing. And I figured I better start keeping track…
1. Go to the pool as much as we can. We actually got a pool pass this summer, which means we have to go 16 times to make it worth the money (why in the world does a family of 2 cost the same as a family of 5??).
2. Go puddle jumping.
3. Shop at Farmer’s Market.
4. Hit up Live to 9. We went numerous times in the past, and always have a blast.
5. Go to Movies Under the Moon. I love that our little city has such cute things like this.
6. Take a road trip and find this waterfall.
7. Adult night out at Sturgis Falls. Live music, friends and trying to avoid port-a-potties!
8. Spend an afternoon at the arboretum.
9. Have a park to park bike trip with picnic.
10. Do a bit of landscaping in our backyard.
11. Lay on a beach. I understand Midwest lakes are a bit less exciting than the ocean, but at least I won’t kick a shark.
And for all of you in or around the Cedar Valley, I have a fun summer giveaway for you. HJ and I got to try out The Sassy Strawberry, and they want you to stop out and visit them too!
The Sassy Strawberry is located off San Marnan in Waterloo. There are amazing flavors of yogurt (I prefer to use the cup dividers to get two different types), and 80 different toppings. I loved topping my birthday cake yogurt with cookie dough, peanut butter cups and chocolate covered bananas. HJ picked out a triple chocolate yogurt, and filled it with m&m’s, bobas and puppy chow.
To win a $5 gift card to The Sassy Strawberry, leave a comment with a reason why you love summer! A winner will be randomly picked on Sunday, June 29th!