You all know I love meals that I can prepare in advance. It makes weeknight dinners much easier, and usually means we are eating something tasty. This dish did not disappoint.
1 Bottle Toasted ASian Sesame Dressing
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter, Crunchy
2 Tablespoons Honey
1/2 Teaspoon Red Crushed Pepper
1 Pound Spaghetti Pasta
2 Carrots, Shredded
4 Green Onions, Chopped
8 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
For the freezer:
1. Place chicken in a freezer bag. Mix dressing and soy sauce. Pour 1/3 cup over chicken. Freeze.
2. Add peanut butter, honey and crushed red pepper to remaining 1/3 cup of dressing mixture. Bag and freeze.
3. Bag remaining ingredients and freeze.
*It is helpful to label the bags with the entrée and date. Also, if you don’t combine all the bags into 1 main bag, mark them 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3, so you know you have them all on cooking day.
Day before cooking, take out of freezer and place in fridge.
1. Cook chicken on skillet, medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
2. Cook pasta.
3. Add other items from the freezer to the skillet.
4. Mix in with pasta.
This is a meal that HJ and I both loved. The best part? Leftovers were even better, the flavor was awesome the next day.
* I discovered this recipe while attending a DISH event put on by Hy-Vee. They help coordinate freezer meals with groups. I have participated a few times, and highly recommend it! Contact your local Hy-Vee to see if they participate, and if they don’t, ask them to (I did!).