Recently, the bf and I tried a dinner at home that was delicious. Unlike the last time I posted about making him dinner, the smoke alarms did not go off nor did I burn myself. Woohoo!
I was digging through my cooking light cookbook and came across a Seafood Fettuccine Recipe that sounded simply and yummy.
I was able to find a link to it online, check it out here.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed (this was hard to find…in my store, it was in a can by the canned tuna!)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 cups hot cooked fettuccine (about 1 pound uncooked pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add shrimp and scallops; sauté 3 minutes or until done. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Add half-and-half, salt, pepper, and crabmeat; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly (do not boil). Gradually sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over seafood mixture, stirring constantly; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
*We had the sauce going for quite a bit longer to thicken it up a bit!
Combine pasta and seafood mixture in a large bowl. Top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley.