A long, long time ago, I was nominated for the Sunshine Award from the fabulous ladies at Real Suburbia. They sent a few questions my way, but first, I am supposed to tell you all 11 random facts about me…
1. I was always the short kid in school, and it never changed. I am only 5’2″.
2. When I was young, my favorite thing to do was dance, even through high school. I learned it is a skill you lose if you don’t use it…unless wine is involved.
3. My dog is a rescue dog. He was rescued as a little pup from a very bad house. He was the only one in his litter to survive. When I got him, he was just 4 pounds (now he is about 93).
4. I can not watch scary movies and stay home alone. If you bring a scary movie to watch, you better bring a sleeping bag and plan on staying a few nights.
5. I always pictured myself with 4 kids. I hope I can still have a few more…eventually…not now. Dear God, not now.
6. I have horrible anxiety issues.
7. I have a chocolate problem. I HAVE to have something sweet everyday.
8. My favorite color has always been green.
9. If I start a book, I WILL finish it with in days. I will put off other things to read. Because of this, I have to take breaks between books. Otherwise, my parenting, household tasks and life in general would all be pushed off.
10. I don’t understand why people like beer, it’s gross.
11. My favorite number is 11.
And now for their questions…
1. How do you drink your coffee or tea?
Coffee with just a splash of creamer…not much at all. Tea, love it with a splash of milk.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
Depends…Monday thru Friday, it is 4:45. That’s about when I pick up HJ from daycare and he always runs up yelling “MOMMY!” and gives me a big hug.
3. Who was your first kiss?
Summer camp 1994, Rob. Never knew his last name. He was a 13 year old dream boat.
4. What is a pet peeve of yours?
Loud eaters. Makes me lose my appetite.
5. What do you grab at the convenience store?
I rarely go inside. If I do, it is because I need cash and the closest ATM would charge a fee. I buy a pack of gum from the convenience store and get cash back :).
6. What is at the top of your bucket list?
To leave the country. I want to travel, and go cool places.
7. What is one thing that always makes you happy?
Hearing from others that I have such a sweet child. Warms my heart.
8. What’s your dream vacation?
9. What is your favorite hobby?
10. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The people who have reached out to me. It makes it feel so worthwhile.
11. If you had a million dollars to spend what would you buy with it?
This will make me sound lame…I would upgrade my car to get all-wheel drive (I hate not having it in the snow). Otherwise, HJ and I would live comfortably. Nothing extravagant, but we wouldn’t be in debt. Also, I promised HJ if we ever have a million dollars, we can have a house on the ocean. That should take care of that money real quick!